Colonial Williamsburg is closed Tuesday, August 4 due to Tropical Storm Isaias.
Click here for more information.
At Colonial Williamsburg, commitment to cleanliness and comfort has been a long standing, core operational principle protecting and serving our guests and staff since 1937.
In response to COVID-19, we have updated our protocols to reflect the latest best practices, going above and beyond requirements.
Here’s what to know before you arrive
As we prepare for a phased reopening, we’ve made updates based on guidance from appropriate government agencies and health authorities, such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). These updates are designed to promote:
- Cleanliness and comfort
- Physical distancing
- Reduced contact
It may be different from your last visit, but together, we’ll find new ways to create memories for you and your family.
Top Things You Should Know
- Signage: Signage in public spaces will remind guests to maintain at least 6ft distance from other groups of people not traveling with them, this will include standing in lines, using elevators, or moving around the Historic Area.
- Physical Barriers: We will be adding plexiglass partitions at locations where guests queue to provide an extra level of protection for our guests and staff.
- Capacity: Capacities for indoor spaces as well as the number of individuals permitted for each tour or program, will be determined based on physical distancing and group size limit protocols.
- Face Coverings: All guests are required to wear face masks when indoors per Virginia Executive Order 63. The wearing of face coverings outdoors is optional but recommended. Face coverings will be worn by Colonial Williamsburg staff. Affordably priced face coverings will be available for guests to purchase in all Colonial Williamsburg retail outlets. Face shields are not an accepted substitute for masks.
- Touchless Ticketing: Colonial Williamsburg is pleased to offer touchless tickets, which can be purchased online and redeemed via cellular device. Additionally, the map and program guide are available digitally on our website.
- Guest Parking and Transportation: Guests are encouraged to park at the Colonial Williamsburg Regional Visitor Center and proceed to the footpath connecting the parking area to the Historic Area. Guests that are physically unable to use the walking path can use the Colonial Williamsburg shuttle bus. New bus procedures will limit the number of passengers per bus to accommodate physical distancing. In accordance with Executive Order 63, face coverings will be required to ride the shuttle bus.
- Visitor Center: Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online and redeem them digitally to limit face-to-face contact. The Visitor Center will be open with reduced capacity to accommodate physical distancing.
Please note that the Rockefeller Library and the Merchants Square Ticket Office are closed.